The Village of Promise (VoP) is a non-profit organization that was created to address the needs of children in distressed, high-poverty neighborhoods in Huntsville and Madison County. Our goal is to support current successful programs and implement new, high-quality programs that improve the educational outcomes for children and transform neighborhoods. Volunteers play a crucial role in the success of our programs. There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available.
Please contact Debbie Esslinger for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities for Groups
- VoP Facility Upgrades – painting, moving furniture
- Setting up small library – shelving books, updating book database
- Design and install playground
- Financial literacy training
Volunteer Opportunities for Individuals
- Tutoring for kindergarten students: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at Montview Elementary; during school day
- Tutoring for middle school students: 6th grade students; 3:30-4:30 pm at VoP facility
Career presentations for Middle School Scholars Program: Thursday, 6:00-7:00 pm
- Violin Program Volunteer Aides: Monday and Wednesday; Sonnie Hereford Elementary; 3:00-4:00 pm; VOP Office Phone 256.536.8052
- Before School Bible Class teachers: kindergarten through 5th grade; Montview Elementary; Monday through Thursday; Linda Riley, 256.536.8052
- Providing snacks for student programs
Looking for opportunities to help Village of Promise?